Wednesday, April 22, 2015

The Lord is near. Do not be anxious about anything, but in every situation, by prayer and petition, with thanksgiving, present your requests to God.

Philippians 4

The Lord is near. Do not be anxious about anything, but in every situation, by prayer and petition, with thanksgiving, present your requests to God. v4-6

God wants us to pray so that we can build our relationship with Him, lean on Him, and to intercede on behalf of others - see my posts here (James 5:16) and here (Ephesians 6:18).

My Prayer: Lord Jesus, what an awesome God You are...that You were willing to lay down Your life for me...knowing everything about me, including my sin.  I am broken and I sin.  I need You desperately in my life and I am thankful for all that You are and all that You do.  You bless me beyond what I deserve.  Please forgive me for my lust and indiscretion.  I want to stay pure.  Please forgive me.  Help me turn from my sin and towards You.  Help me love You with all of my heart, soul, mind and strength.  Help me love others as You do.  Help me grow in my faith.  Give me strength.  Give Lisa strength.  Please heal her and cure her of this cancer.  Thanks and praise God for the progress so far!  You are great!  All glory to God.  Help me serve and lead Lisa, Zach and Dustin.  Help me understand, be obedient to, and apply Your message for me today and every day.