Thursday, April 9, 2015

Fathers,do not exasperate your children; instead, bring them up in the training and instruction of the Lord.

Ephesians 6

Fathers,do not exasperate your children; instead, bring them up in the training and instruction of the Lord. v4

This one is a tough one for me.  I know I have, many more times than I care to remember, exasperated Zach and Dustin.  I know the Lord is doing a work in me to help me avoid doing this...at the same time God wants to me demonstrate that I am bringing Zach and Dustin "up in the training and instruction of the Lord".

Hear, O Israel: The Lord our God, the Lord is one.  Love the Lord your God with all your heart and with all your soul and with all your strength. These commandments that I give you today are to be on your hearts. Impress them on your children. Talk about them when you sit at home and when you walk along the road, when you lie down and when you get up. Tie them as symbols on your hands and bind them on your foreheads. Write them on the doorframes of your houses and on your gates. Deuteronomy 6:4-9

My Prayer: Lord, You do not exasperate...no au contraire!  You encourage, teach, inspire...You are gentle, merciful, compassionate, patient, just, etc.  You are all of the fruits of the spirit.  I on the other hand, am a work in progress.  I am lazy and selfish to name just two of my sins...thank You that You love me anyway but please forgive me for these sins and help me instead turn towards You Jesus!  Help me love You with all of my heart, soul, mind, and strength.  Help me love others as You do.  Help me avoid exasperating my children and help me impress Your commandments and words on them instead.  Help me grow in my faith.  Give me strength. Give Lisa strength.  Heal and cure her of this cancer.  Help me serve Lisa, Zach and Dustin.  Help me understand, be obedient to, and apply Your message for me today and every day.