Friday, April 3, 2015

Let there be no filthiness nor foolish talk nor crude joking, which are out of place, but instead let there be thanksgiving. For you may be sure of this, that everyone who is sexually immoral or impure, or who is covetous (that is, an idolater), has no inheritance in the kingdom of Christ and God.

Ephesians 5

Let there be no filthiness nor foolish talk nor crude joking, which are out of place, but instead let there be thanksgiving.  For you may be sure of this, that everyone who is sexually immoral or impure, or who is covetous (that is, an idolater), has no inheritance in the kingdom of Christ and God. v4-5

Building upon what I posted yesterday, our speech reveals what is in our heart and what we say and what is in our heart can be sinful and the consequences can be dire...we should NOT assume that we are as pure as God wants to be.  We must strive for transformation of our hearts and minds.

My Prayer: Lord Jesus, we are not worthy of such a great God...You are pure, holy, and blameless and everything You have done for us and for us is out of your boundless love for us.  I know I have unwholesome thoughts, etc. and I know these are wrong...so please forgive me Jesus!  Help me turn from my sins and towards You.  Help me love You with all of my heart, soul, mind, and strength.  Help me love others as You do.  Help me grow in my faith.  Transform and purify my heart, thoughts, and life.  Give me strength.  Give Lisa strength.  Heal and cure Lisa of this cancer.  Help me serve Lisa, Zach and Dustin.  Help me understand, be obedient to, and apply Your message for me today and every day.