Friday, November 13, 2015

...and his incomparably great power for us who believe.

God’s Influence in Us
Ephesians 1

I pray that the eyes of your heart may be enlightened in order that you may know the hope to which he has called you, the riches of his glorious inheritance in his holy people, and his incomparably great power for us who believe. That power is the same as the mighty strength  he exerted when he raised Christ from the dead and seated him at his right hand in the heavenly realms, far above all rule and authority, power and dominion, and every name that is invoked, not only in the present age but also in the one to come. v18-21

God provides His children the Holy Spirit and I suspect many believers fail to grasp, myself included, the "incomparable great power" available to believers. It is easy to fall back into habits that focus on faith and trust in earthly powers but this is not only sinful but also fruitless as the powers of this world will come and go - God does not.


Trust in the Lord with all your heart and lean not on your own understanding; in all your ways submit to him, and he will make your paths straight. Proverbs 3:5-6

...

In the time of those kings, the God of heaven will set up a kingdom that will never be destroyed, nor will it be left to another people. It will crush all those kingdoms and bring them to an end, but it will itself endure forever. Daniel 2:44

My Prayer: Lord Jesus, You are a God that is worthy of my praise as Your power is incomparable and You make it available to me through the Holy Spirit.  And I have seen this power at work in my life and in the lives around me...You are an awesome God.  Thank You for coming to earth to save me and for the Holy Spirit...and so much more...I am not worth such love and blessing.  I continue to have faith in earthly powers that come and go.  Please forgive me Jesus and help me overcome and turn from such sin towards You.   Help me love You with all of my heart, soul, mind and strength.  Help me lover others as You do.  Help grow in my faith.  Give me strength.  Give Lisa strength.  Please heal and cure her of this cancer. Help me lead and serve Lisa, Zach and Dustin.  Help me understand, be obedient to, and apply Your message for me today and every day.