Monday, November 30, 2015

Your word is a lamp for my feet, a light on my path.

To Catch a Thief
Psalm 119

Your word is a lamp for my feet, a light on my path. v105

Today's devotion once again focuses on sin and how it "easily entangles" us (Hebrews 12).  As the devotion states, we should be able to identify Satan, and my recent posts point to how scripture (in our heart) serves as a key defense against Satan.  Prayer and the assistance of my brothers and sisters in Christ are also key defenses.

A key way that Satan has been able to distract me is through worry - worry about the future.  Although I should plan for the future, I should not worry - these are two separate and mutually exclusive actions.  You can do both but you should not do both.  I fall down by doing both.  Forgive me Jesus!  I know You have blessed me despite my worry - thank You Jesus!  Please help me turn from my sin towards You.  Help me take encouragement from Your words, such as those from the Psalms.  I know that "no word from God will ever fail (Luke 1:37)"; I also know that if I "[c]ome near to God, ...he will come near to [me] (James 4:8)". 

My Prayer: Lord Jesus, You are a great God and I know You will never leave me or forsake me.  Thank You for being a God that loves me so much - You love me despite my brokenness.  Help me overcome my worry and turn towards You Jesus.  Help me love You with all of my heart, soul, mind and strength.  Help me love others as You do.  Help me grow in my faith.  Give me strength.  Give Lisa strength.  Please heal and cure Lisa of her cancer, including the side effects from chemo and radiation.  Help me lead and serve Lisa, Zach, and Dustin.  Help me trust in You and not worry. Help me understand, be obedient to, and apply Your message for me today and every day.