Tuesday, November 17, 2015

You have searched me, Lord, and you know me.

Arrival
Psalm 139

You have searched me, Lord, and you know me. You know when I sit and when I rise; you perceive my thoughts from afar. You discern my going out and my lying down; you are familiar with all my ways. Before a word is on my tongue you, Lord, know it completely. You hem me in behind and before, and you lay your hand upon me. Such knowledge is too wonderful for me, too lofty for me to attain.

God knows me, even better than I know myself.  He of course, then, knows what is best for me - His will and purpose for me is perfect, as is everything about God.  Paul refers to life as a race (1 Corinthians 9), with the prize being Heaven and eternity with Jesus.  I must submit to Him and His will for my life - this is my race.  When I do, He promises to bless me.

Trust in the Lord with all your heart
    and lean not on your own understanding;
in all your ways submit to him,
    and he will make your paths straight. Proverbs 3:5-6

My Prayer: Lord Jesus, You are an awesome God - I know You are with me every day and all of the time.  You are with me when I sit and when I rise.  You know everything about me, including my sin...and You are for me.  Thank You Jesus!  I am not worth such a God.  I worry far too much.  Please forgive me Jesus and help me turn from such sin towards You.  Help me love You with all of my heart, soul, mind and strength.  Help me love others as You do.  Give me strength.  Give Lisa strength.  Please cure and heal Lisa of her cancer, including all of the side effects from chemo and radiation.  Help me lead and serve Lisa, Zach and Dustin.  Help me understand, be obedient to, and apply Your message today and every day.