Monday, November 9, 2015

Holy Spirit Impact
2 Corinthians 12

My grace is sufficient for you, for my power is made perfect in weakness.” Therefore I will boast all the more gladly about my weaknesses, so that Christ’s power may rest on me. v9

The devotional encourages us to dispense grace and mercy in the same we receive it from Christ.  I love how this works as Pastor Jason spoke on this very topic yesterday...albeit in the context of adoption.  The devotional provides as an example the relationship of parents with their children vs Christ and His children....again not a coincidence as this topic is heavy on my heart as we try and help Zach work his way through his through his teenage years.

My Prayer: Lord Jesus, You are an awesome God full of love, mercy, compassion, patience, etc...for me.  I know You chose me, knowing everything about me, sin and all, then You willingly became flesh and suffered and died for me.  Thank You Jesus!  Yet I am not worth such a sacrifice.  I am lazy, my prayer life falls short and I am often short on mercy with others.  Please forgive me Jesus and help me turn from such sin towards You. Help me love You with all of my heart, soul, mind and strength and love others as You do.  Help me grow in my faith.  Give me strength.  Give Lisa strength. Please heal and cure Lisa of her cancer and all of the side effects from chemo and radiation.  Help me lead and serve Lisa, Zach and Dustin.  Help me understand, be obedient to, and apply Your message for me today and every day.