Wednesday, January 6, 2016

But I, by your great love, can come into your house; in reverence I bow down toward your holy temple.

Psalms 5

But I, by your great love, can come into your house; in reverence I bow down toward your holy temple. v7

According to this study tool, Psalms 3-41 focus on how God delivers us.  In today's verse in Psalm 5, I am reminded of God's abounding love and grace that "by [His] great love, [we] can come into [His] house.  And Jesus, by dying on the cross, and through the tearing of the temple curtain, can come to allows us to come to Him daily and personally, without the need for an intermediary.  We can all have a daily personal relationship with Him.  How awesome is that!

My Prayer: Jesus, You are a great God, abounding in love and grace for me...even though I am certain that I am not deserving.  I fail to dispense grace and encouragement as You do...forgive me Jesus.  Thank You that You are so patient and compassionate.  Your greatness points to my need for You.  Please help me overcome my harshness with others and help me turn towards You.  Help me love You with all of my heart, soul, mind and strength.  Help me grow in my faith.  Help me love others as You do.  Give me strength.  Give Lisa strength.  Please heal and cure Lisa of her cancer and the side effects of chemo and radiation.  Help me lead and serve Lisa, Zach and Dustin, and serve You.  Help me understand, be obedient to, and apply Your message for me today and every day.