Wednesday, January 27, 2016

Whoever does these things will never be shaken.

Psalm 15

Whoever does these things will never be shaken. v5

Wow!  Great promise! This short chapter describes all the ways in which we must live for us to live on God's holy mountain.  Through the blood of Christ however, all can live with God and the Holy Spirit.

I pray that the eyes of your heart may be enlightened in order that you may know the hope to which he has called you, the riches of his glorious inheritance in his holy people, and his incomparably great power for us who believe. That power is the same as the mighty strength  he exerted when he raised Christ from the dead and seated him at his right hand in the heavenly realms, far above all rule and authority, power and dominion, and every name that is invoked, not only in the present age but also in the one to come. Ephesians 1:18-21

It is impossible to be exactly like Jesus but God will mold us and purify us to be more like Him.

The crucible for silver and the furnace for gold,
    but the Lord tests the heart. Proverbs 17:3
    
 
The result and the promise of "doing" the things Jesus asks us to do is awesome - we "will never be shaken".
 
My Prayer: Lord, You make awesome promises and You deliver every time!  Nothing but net...awesome!  I am so thankful to have such a God, but I am not worthy.  I continue to struggle with impatience and anger...please forgive me Jesus and help me overcome my sin and turn towards You instead.  Help me love You with all of my heart, soul, mind and strength.  Help me love others as You do.  Help me grow in my faith.  Give me strength.  Give Lisa strength.  Please heal and cure Lisa of her cancer and the side effects from chemo and radiation.  Help me lead and serve Lisa, Zach and Dustin...and serve You.  Help me understand, be obedient to, and apply Your message for me today and every day.