Tuesday, January 26, 2016

But there they are, overwhelmed with dread, for God is present in the company of the righteous.

Psalms 14

But there they are, overwhelmed with dread, for God is present in the company of the righteous. v5

God is ever present and omniscient.  See also verse 2:

The Lord looks down from heaven on all mankind to see if there are any who understand, any who seek God.

See also Hebrews 4:13:

Nothing in all creation is hidden from God’s sight.

That God is ever present and all-knowing is comforting because of exactly the circumstances David describes - there are times when we are hemmed in on all sides with dread and we are overwhelmed with fear, worry, etc.  Key can be found in Exodus 14:14 when the Israelites are hemmed in against the Red Sea.

The Lord will fight for you; you need only to be still.

I need to be still. 

My Prayer: Lord Jesus, what a great God You are - You are ever present and all-knowing and You only desire what is good for me and for Your glory.  Thank You for the many the blessings I experience in my life.  I am rich.  Yet I often desire status, power, etc. and this is sinful.  Forgive me Jesus and help me overcome and turn from such sin towards You. Help me love You with all of my heart, soul, mind and strength.  Help me love others as You do.  Help me grow in my faith.  Give me strength.  Give Lisa strength.  Please heal and cure her of her cancer and the side effects from chemo and radiation.  Help me lead and serve Lisa, Zach and Dustin, and serve You.  Help me understand, be obedient to, and apply Your message for me today and every day.