Monday, January 4, 2016

I lie down and sleep; I wake again, because the Lord sustains me. I will not fear though tens of thousands assail me on every side.

Psalms 3

I lie down and sleep; I wake again, because the Lord sustains me.  I will not fear though tens of thousands assail me on every side. v5-6

We need protection daily - physical, spiritual, emotional, etc.  We often do much (I know I do) to take steps to protect ourselves, even going to the point of NOT doing something to avoid harm (fear of failure, etc.).  Yet God is the one should be taking all steps to protect us, and as David writes hear in this Psalm as he runs from Absalom, He is always there to protect us.  This should give us freedom to serve Him without fear of failure or harm.  See also Romans 8:1-2 (recommend reading full chapter for context):

Therefore, there is now no condemnation for those who are in Christ Jesus, because through Christ Jesus the law of the Spirit who gives life has set you free from the law of sin and death.  Romans 8:1-2

My Prayer:  Lord You are a great God full of love and compassion for me...and patience...I am not worth such blessings Jesus.  I fail to serve You in the capacity that You ask of me.  Please forgive me Jesus!  Help me overcome and turn from such sin and turn towards You.  Help me grow in my faith.  Give me the courage that only You can provide.  Give me strength.  Give Lisa strength. Please heal and cure Lisa of her cancer and the side effects of chemo and radiation.  Help me lead and serve Lisa, Zach and Dustin and help me serve You.  Help me understand, be obedient to, and apply Your message for me today and every day.