Wednesday, January 20, 2016

He says to himself, “Nothing will ever shake me.” He swears, “No one will ever do me harm.” v6

Psalm 10

He says to himself, “Nothing will ever shake me.” He swears, “No one will ever do me harm.” v6

I can certainly identify with those who say such things...I have been this person...one who says these things....even as I have claimed to be a believer.  From time to time I know - even though God has justly humbled me - I still  act in ways consistent with saying such things.  I am deeply grateful for how God has humbled me because in my weakness and humility I have seen God's mercy, compassion, love, greatness, etc.

That is why, for Christ’s sake, I delight in weaknesses, in insults, in hardships, in persecutions, in difficulties. For when I am weak, then I am strong. 2 Corinthians 12:10

Blessed are the poor in spirit, for theirs is the kingdom of heaven....Blessed are the meek, for they will inherit the earth. Matthew 5:3,5

My Prayer: Lord, You alone are great...I am not great...it is only through You that I can do great things...and hopefully glorifying You.  Thank You Jesus for how You have humbled me and shown me Your mercy, compassion, love, greatness, etc.  Please forgive me for my desire to be great, to have status, etc.  Help me overcome and turn from my sin towards You.  Help me love You with all of my heart, soul, mind and strength.  Help me grow in my faith.  Give me strength.  Give Lisa strength.  Please heal and cure Lisa of her cancer and the side effects of chemo and radiation.  Help me lead and serve Lisa, Zach, and Dustin..and serve You.  Help me understand, be obedient to, and apply Your message for me today and every day.