Friday, January 15, 2016

When I consider your heavens, the work of your fingers, the moon and the stars, which you have set in place, what is mankind that you are mindful of them, human beings that you care for them?

Psalm 8

When I consider your heavens, the work of your fingers, the moon and the stars, which you have set in place, what is mankind that you are mindful of them, human beings that you care for them? v3-4

What an amazing statement from David on God's abounding love for us...a love that we cannot fully comprehend. 

Praying for the church in Ephesus, Paul writes:

And I pray that you, being rooted and established in love, may have power, together with all the Lord’s holy people, to grasp how wide and long and high and deep is the love of Christ, and to know this love that surpasses knowledge—that you may be filled to the measure of all the fullness of God. Ephesians 3:17-19

Paul encourages us to grasp the magnitude of this love as a path for us to be filled with God (vs idols and/or worldly matters).  Don't miss the latter part of Paul's statement that we should "know this love...surpasses knowledge".

My Prayer: Jesus, You are an amazing God that has created the heavens and the earth and all their inhabitants.  It is difficult to fathom as David writes how you can bother with us...being as broken as we are...yet You do...as You suffered and died for us...for me.  Thank You Jesus.  I am not worthy of such a God...I too often concern myself with worldly matters. Please forgive me Jesus and help me turn from such sin and towards You.  Help me love You with all of my heart, soul, mind and strength.  Help me love others as You do.  Help me grow in my faith.  Give me strength.  Give Lisa strength.  Please heal and cure Lisa of her cancer and the side effects from chemo and radiation.  Help me lead and serve Lisa, Zach and Dustin...and serve You.  Help me understand, be obedient to, and apply Your message today and every day.