Tuesday, January 5, 2016

Tremble and do not sin; when you are on your beds, search your hearts and be silent.

Psalms 4

Tremble and do not sin; when you are on your beds, search your hearts and be silent. v4

Although it is not explicit here in this Psalm, I am nonetheless mindful of how I am not silent in waiting on the Lord to reveal my sin (through prayer and study), and to work on my behalf.  I know I worry...there are times when I cannot sleep because my mind is active.  David's words in this Psalm speak to me.  I also know that if I release my worries and pray to God that He help me with my concerns He will.

 The Lord will fight for you; you need only to be still. Exodus 14:14

My Prayer:  Lord, You are a great God and You know my heart.  You provide rest that I cannot get elsewhere.  You always listen to me and help me relieve my concerns.  Thank You Jesus!  Yet I continue to worry-often.  Please forgive me and help me turn from such sin and towards You.  Help me love You with all of my heart, soul, mind and strength.  Help me love others as You do.  Help me grow in my faith. Give me strength.  Give Lisa strength.  Please heal and cure her of her cancer and the side effects of chemo and radiation.  Help me lead and serve Lisa, Zach, and Dustin, and serve You.  Help me understand, be obedient to, and apply Your message for me today and every day.