Wednesday, May 31, 2017

There he built an altar to the Lord.

Genesis 13

There he built an altar to the Lord. v18

Those whom the Lord called often built altars - first Noah, now Abram, and others will follow.  This post here is a great read on why altars are built.  From this reference, I pick up several tidbits:
  1. That we come to the altar (to God) as a starting point for transformation - "alteration" if you will
  2. That broken stones are the basis for our altar - just as we come to God broken and sinful; we place our weights there for God to take them as well as our sacrifice and of course Jesus desires not animal sacrifice but our bodies as a "living sacrifice" (Romans 12:1)
I desire to be transformed into more of who Jesus is - please alter me Jesus.


He must become greater; I must become less. John 3:30

My Prayer: Lord Jesus, You are a great God full of love, compassion and mercy.  You have spared me what I deserve - You did so by willingly and undeservingly submitting Yourself on the cross.  Thank You Jesus - I am not worth such a price.  Please forgive me for my lack of action and trust.  Help me turn from my sin towards You.  Help me love You with all of my heart, soul and mind and love others as You do.  Help me grow in my faith.  Give Lisa and myself wisdom and strength.  Please heal Lisa of her cancer and from the side effects of chemo.  Help us lead Zach and Dustin to You Jesus and for them to choose You as their Lord and Savior.  Help me serve You, my family, my church, and others.  Help me understand be obedient to, and apply Your message for me today and every day.