Monday, May 29, 2017

Then they said, “Come, let us build ourselves a city, with a tower that reaches to the heavens, so that we may make a name for ourselves; otherwise we will be scattered over the face of the whole earth.”

Genesis 11

Then they said, “Come, let us build ourselves a city, with a tower that reaches to the heavens, so that we may make a name for ourselves; otherwise we will be scattered over the face of the whole earth.”  v4

Although God has ordained all of the days of our lives before we are born (Psalm 139) and God has  a plan (Jeremiah 29:11, Ephesians 2:10) for each of us, we often desire plans of our own as did those in Babel.

We must be clear that we exist to glorify God and that we cannot overcome God's plans - how arrogant!

Many are the plans in a person’s heart, but it is the Lord’s purpose that prevails. Proverbs 19:21

My Prayer: Lord Jesus, You are an incredible God and I have witnessed in my own life Your design and Your works - I am blessed and beyond thankful for what You have done to rescue and save me from my sin.  Thank You Jesus!  I am not worth Your love - I neglect You.  Please forgive me Jesus and help me overcome and turn from my sin towards You.  Help me love You with all of my heart, soul and mind and love others as You loved me.  Help me grow in my faith.  Give Lisa and myself wisdom and strength.  Please heal Lisa of her cancer and from the side effects of chemo.  Help us lead Zach and Dustin to You Jesus and for them to choose You as their Lord and Savior.  Help me serve You, my family, my church, and others.  Help me understand, be obedient to, and apply Your message for me today and every day.