Sunday, May 21, 2017

Adam and his wife were both naked, and they felt no shame

Genesis 2

Adam and his wife were both naked, and they felt no shame. v25

When created the universe and everything in it, man and woman were present - Adam and Eve as the first man and woman - and there was no sin.  Adam and Eve lived in perfect unity with God.  And there is no shame from being in unity with God.  Sin separates us from God and from this perfect unity, yet we should not have shame from the personal relationship Christ invites all of us to have for those who believe in Him.

Regardless of the circumstances, we should feel no shame.  Peter warns us of these scoffers.

Above all, you must understand that in the last days scoffers will come, scoffing and following their own evil desires. They will say, “Where is this ‘coming’ he promised?  2 Peter 3:3-4

My Prayer: Lord Jesus, You are an awesome God, before all, creator of all, in all, and the One who holds all things together.  Apart from You I can do no good things.  I am weak and broken yet You bless me abundantly.  Thank You Jesus!  I am not worth such a God.  I am selfish.  Please forgive me Jesus and help me overcome and turn from sin towards You.  Help me love You with all of my heart, soul, and mind and love others as You do.  Help me grow in my faith.  Give Lisa and myself wisdom and strength.  Please heal and cure Lisa of her cancer and from the side effects of chemo.  Help us lead Zach and Dustin to You Jesus and for them to choose You as their Lord and Savior.  Help me serve You, my family, my church, and others.  Help me understand, be obedient to, and apply Your message for me today and every day.