Tuesday, May 23, 2017

But if you do not do what is right, sin is crouching at your door; it desires to have you, but you must rule over it.

Genesis 4

But if you do not do what is right, sin is crouching at your door; it desires to have you, but you must rule over it. v7

Sin is indeed crouching at our doors.


Be alert and of sober mind. Your enemy the devil prowls around like a roaring lion looking for someone to devour. 1 Peter 5:8
 
 We can protect ourselves by reading, studying and memorizing scripture.

See Proverbs 2, 2 Thessalonians 3:3 and other verses.  We can also protect ourselves by avoiding those who do not believe and consistently demonstrate willful sinful behavior - we must instead surround ourselves with other believers who can encourage us and be in prayer for us.

But encourage one another daily, as long as it is called “Today,” so that none of you may be hardened by sin’s deceitfulness. Hebrews 3:13
 
 Therefore confess your sins to each other and pray for each other so that you may be healed. James 5:16

My Prayer: Heavenly Father - You are an awesome God who is able to beat sin and death.  You give me this same power and I am grateful Jesus!  Thank You.  However, I often lack complete trust in You and am taken away by sin.  Please forgive me Jesus.  Help me overcome and turn from my sin and turn towards You.  Help me love You with all of my heart, soul and mind.  Help me love others as You do.  Help me grow in my faith.  Help me protect myself through faith and trust in You.  Give Lisa and myself strength and wisdom.  Please heal Lisa of her cancer and from the side effects of chemo.  Help us lead Zach and Dustin to You Jesus and for them to choose You as their Lord and Savior.  Help me serve You, my family, my church, and others.  Help me understand, be obedient to, and apply Your message for me today and every day.