Sunday, August 25, 2019

And our hope for you is firm, because we know that just as you share in our sufferings, so also you share in our comfort.

2 Corinthians 1

And our hope for you is firm, because we know that just as you share in our sufferings, so also you share in our comfort. v7

Paul writes a second letter to the church in Corinth, and this time he is more encouraging.  He starts by describing to us how our sufferings and resulting comfort from God serves to provide comfort to others as we learn to gain comfort from God and minister to others who share the same challenges.   We've all had challenges and it is comforting that we can be a comfort to others particularly when we question why we are experiencing our challenges.

My Prayer: Lord Jesus, You are an awesome God who loves me and who has comforted me in my challenges and used my challenges to serve others - I am grateful for all that You are and do for me - thank You Jesus!  I am not deserving of such love and blessings.  I worry, and I am selfish among my many sins.  Please forgive me Jesus and help me overcome and turn from my sin towards You.  Help me love You with all of my heart, soul, and mind and love others as You love me.  Help me grow in my faith.  Give Lisa and myself wisdom and strength.  Please heal Lisa of her cancer and from the side effects of chemo.  Help us lead Zach and Dustin to You Jesus and for them to choose You as their Lord and Savior.  Please provide Godly friends and spouses to Zach and Dustin.  Help me serve You, my family, my church, and others.  Help me understand, be obedient to, and apply Your message for me today and every day.