Wednesday, August 14, 2019

“Who has known the mind of the Lord so as to instruct him?”[d] But we have the mind of Christ.

1 Corinthians 2

“Who has known the mind of the Lord so as to instruct him?” But we have the mind of Christ. v16

Building on chapter 1 (see post yesterday), Paul continues to remind us of the source and purpose of wisdom.  He tells us that he has no wisdom apart from the Holy Spirit in him (v2-5) and that God reveals to believers this wisdom (v9-10, 12, 13).  This is of course very humbling and exciting at the same time - that we don't possess wisdom from and for ourselves but from and for God.  If we consider that God is all knowing isn't it amazing that God would even disclose a sliver of this wisdom to us?

See also posts here

My Prayer: Lord Jesus, You are an amazing God who loves me and who has shown my great wisdom and this has helped me through great difficulties and helped me grow closer to You - thank You Jesus!  I am grateful!  Yet I am humbled and undeserving.  I worry and my sin is great.  Please forgive me Jesus and help me overcome and turn from my sin towards You.  Help me love You with all of my heart, soul, and mind and love others as You love me.  Help me grow in my faith.  Give Lisa and myself wisdom and strength.  Please heal Lisa of her cancer and from the side effects of chemo.  Help us lead Zach and Dustin to You Jesus and for them to choose You as their Lord and Savior.  Please provide Godly friends and spouses to Zach and Dustin.  Help me serve You, my family, my church, and others. Help me understand, be obedient to, and apply Your message for me today and every day.