Wednesday, August 7, 2019

Give to everyone what you owe them: If you owe taxes, pay taxes; if revenue, then revenue; if respect, then respect; if honor, then honor.

Romans 13

Give to everyone what you owe them: If you owe taxes, pay taxes; if revenue, then revenue; if respect, then respect; if honor, then honor. v6

We should be viewing our circumstances as being controlled (either directed or allowed - see also posts on free will) by God and using Romans 13:1-6 as an example, we need to view governing authorities as being servants of God and worthy of our respect because if we don't our disrespect is not just of the governing authorities but also of God.  The same can be said of grumbling or complaining about your circumstances as this is also seen as doing so against God.

My Prayer: Lord Jesus, You are an awesome God who loves me and who provides for all of my needs and never ever leaves or forsakes me - thank You Jesus!  I am not deserving of such love.  I worry...and my sin is great.  Please forgive me Jesus and help me overcome and turn from my sin towards You.  Help me love You with all of my heart, soul, and mind and love others as You love me.  Help me grow in my faith.  Give Lisa and myself wisdom and strength.  Please heal Lisa of her cancer and from the side effects of chemo.  Help us lead Zach and Dustin to You Jesus and for them to choose You as their Lord and Savior.  Please provide Godly friends and spouses to Zach and Dustin.  Help me serve You, my family, my church, and others.  Help me understand, be obedient to, and apply Your message for me today and every day.