Tuesday, August 20, 2019

So then, whoever eats the bread or drinks the cup of the Lord in an unworthy manner will be guilty of sinning against the body and blood of the Lord.

1 Corinthians 11

So then, whoever eats the bread or drinks the cup of the Lord in an unworthy manner will be guilty of sinning against the body and blood of the Lord. v27

Zach, my son, has not accepted Jesus as Lord and Savior, so he lets the bread and cup pass him by at church when we celebrate communion.  While it is difficult for me to watch this - I want to see Zach in Heaven - I am adamant that it is his choice to accept Jesus as his Lord and Savior.   I still love him and I am still proud of who he is.  This in mind, it is appropriate that Zach let the bread and cup pass him by - as anyone should if they are not a professed Christian.  See also John Piper on this.

My Prayer: Lord Jesus, You are a great God who loves me and You softened my heart to believe and accept You as my Lord and Savior - for this I am grateful.  Thank You Jesus for setting me free!  I am not deserving of Your love and the many blessings You pour out on me.  I am selfish, I gossip, etc.  Please forgive me Jesus and help me overcome and turn from my sin towards You.  Help me love You with all of my heart, soul, and mind and love others as You love me.  Help me grow in my faith.  Give Lisa and myself wisdom and strength.  Please heal Lisa of her cancer and from the side effects of chemo.  Help us lead Zach and Dustin to You Jesus and for them to accept You as their Lord and Savior.  Please provide Godly friends and spouses to support and encourage them.  Help me serve You, my family, my church and others.  Help me understand, be obedient to, and apply Your message for me today and every day.