Wednesday, August 28, 2019

Now the Lord is the Spirit, and where the Spirit of the Lord is, there is freedom. And we all, who with unveiled faces contemplate the Lord’s glory, are being transformed into his image with ever-increasing glory, which comes from the Lord, who is the Spirit.

2 Corinthians 3

Now the Lord is the Spirit, and where the Spirit of the Lord is, there is freedom. And we all, who with unveiled faces contemplate the Lord’s glory, are being transformed into his image with ever-increasing glory, which comes from the Lord, who is the Spirit. v17-18

Two great promises here, one that we have freedom in Christ, and the other that we (with unveiled faces) are being transformed into His image.  This latter point is decently described in a short video lesson by John Piper and this sanctification is further defined here as "progressively becoming like Jesus."  We all want to become more like Jesus - there are areas where we are all weak and sinful that need to be stronger and purified.  

My Prayer: Lord Jesus, You are an awesome God who has given me great freedom and strengthened me to battle sin - thank You Jesus!  I am grateful.  Yet I am undeserving of how You bless me.  I continue in my sin and I am weak.  Please forgive me Jesus and help me overcome and turn from my sin towards You.  Help me love You with all of my heart, soul, and mind and love others as You love me.  Help me grow in my faith.  Give Lisa and myself wisdom and strength.  Please heal Lisa of her cancer and from the side effects of chemo.  Help us lead Zach and Dustin to You Jesus and for them to choose You as their Lord and savior.  Please provide Godly friends and spouses to Zach and Dustin.  Help me serve You, my family, my church, and others.  Help me understand, be obedient to, and apply Your message for me today and every day.