Thursday, November 28, 2019

Therefore, since we are receiving a kingdom that cannot be shaken, let us be thankful, and so worship God acceptably with reverence and awe,for our “God is a consuming fire."

Hebrews 12

Therefore, since we are receiving a kingdom that cannot be shaken, let us be thankful, and so worship God acceptably with reverence and awe,for our “God is a consuming fire." v28-29

In v18-28, we see a distinction in our relationship with God - in the Old Covenant, and now with the New Covenant. We previously did not directly communicate with God but only through prophets such as Moses.  Now we longer need a mediator as Jesus went to the cross and He became the final sacrifice, and the veil was torn, allowing us who believe direct access to the Most High Place where we can have an eternal and personal relationship with God the Father.

We also have this kingdom that cannot be shaken. When everything around us is shaken and fails, we have a God who is faithful and upon Him we can rest as He is our rock.

Finally, God is a consuming fire and it is this power that drive us into His arms.  See also post here.

My Prayer: Lord Jesus, You are an amazing God who has both the power to save and to destroy - You are all powerful, all knowing, and I KNOW You love me.  Thank You Jesus.  I know You know everything about me, including my sin.  I also know You have the power to do anything You wish to me - and for this I am driven closer to You....because I love You and because and respect who You are.  Thank You for the many blessings You pour out on me. I am not deserving.  My sin is great and it is daily.  Please forgive me Jesus and help me overcome and turn from my sin towards You.  Help me love You with all of my heart, soul, and mind and love others as You love me.  Help me grow in my faith.  Give Lisa and myself wisdom and strength.  Please heal Lisa of her cancer and from the side effects of chemo.  Help us lead Zach and Dustin to You Jesus and for them to choose You as their Lord and Savior.  Please provide Godly friends and spouses to Zach and Dustin.  Help me serve You, my family, my church, and others.  Help me understand, be obedient to, and apply Your message for me today and every day.