Tuesday, October 26, 2010

Do ALL That the Lord Commands

Today's Reading
Joshua Chp 11

Here Joshua continues to defend against Israel's enemies and the Lord delivers all of them into Joshua's hands.  it is because Joshua does ALL that the Lord commands:

15 As the LORD commanded his servant Moses, so Moses commanded Joshua, and Joshua did it; he left nothing undone of all that the LORD commanded Moses. 

For me the question, AM I doing all that the Lord commands?  This is a tough question because I first need to understand God's direction for my life, and for this to happen I need to be in relationship with the Lord through study, prayer, reflection, and through other disciplines such as being in community with other believers for them to speak Truth into my life.

My Prayer: Lord, I know that your plan for me is great as I have seen your work in my life so far and it has been amazing!  Thank you for how you have blessed me beyond my imagination.  Forgive me for my neglect of you in prayer, study and reflection.  Help me draw closer to you, have a deeper desire to you, help me listen to you and discern your will for my life and then help me be obedient.