Saturday, October 16, 2010

God Does Use You to Demonstrate His Might and Love To Bring Others Closer to Him

Today's Reading
Joshua Chp 5

I am reminded here how God uses people to demonstrate his power and love as a means to draw others closer to Him.  In this case we see:

1 Now when all the Amorite kings west of the Jordan and all the Canaanite kings along the coast heard how the LORD had dried up the Jordan before the Israelites until we had crossed over, their hearts melted and they no longer had the courage to face the Israelites.  

This is a particularly tough one for me to read and to reflect upon as I played league tennis Thursday night and had the opportunity to demonstrate the power of His love and might.  Instead I behaved poorly, threw my racquet and had temper tantrums on the court - it was embarrassing.

My Prayer: Lord, your power and might IS great as I have seen transformation both in my heart and my life as a father, husband and in other places in my life.  Yet I continue to sin - please do forgive me.  Help me stay close to you and purify me Lord.