Monday, October 11, 2010

For Dustin AND Because of God: Be Strong and Courageous

Today's Reading
Joshua Chp 1

After Moses dies, the Lord speaks to Joshua including this:

9 Have I not commanded you? Be strong and courageous. Do not be terrified; do not be discouraged, for the LORD your God will be with you wherever you go.

Dustin's middle name is what it is it because Joshua as a spy scouting the promised land was courageous as was Caleb.

Now that I read this verse closely I see that this verse is meant not only for Joshua but also for all of us.

16 Then [the Israelites] answered Joshua, "Whatever you have commanded us we will do, and wherever you send us we will go. 17 Just as we fully obeyed Moses, so we will obey you. Only may the LORD your God be with you as he was with Moses. 18 Whoever rebels against your word and does not obey your words, whatever you may command them, will be put to death. Only be strong and courageous!"

We named Dustin so that he could be strong and courageous for himself, but we need to be mindful that we need to be strong and courageous for him, for others, AND most importantly because of God that he will never leave or forsake [us].

My Prayer: Lord, thank you for your protection and your love - it is everlasting and I know that you will never leave or forsake me. Thank you Lord. Forgive me for speaking ill will and thinking ill will of others. Help me with that. Help me continue to draw near to you and to desire you.