Wednesday, October 12, 2011

Many, LORD my God, are the wonders you have done, the things you planned for us.

Psalm 40

As David praises God here I become present to many thoughts:
(1) I have recently experienced a stressful period from which God has pulled me out

1 I waited patiently for the LORD;
   he turned to me and heard my cry.
2 He lifted me out of the slimy pit,
   out of the mud and mire; 

Although it is questionable whether I was patient, God DID lift me out of the slimy pit.

(2) I am clear how God blesses me and it IS too numerous to count

Many, LORD my God,
   are the wonders you have done,
   the things you planned for us. 

The question of course in my mind is to whom David is referring to when he references"us" and "the wonders you have done".   Perhaps David is speaking as King of Israel and for his kingdom and for sure there was much God did for Israel.

For me, I KNOW for sure the wonders God has done for me ARE MANY and I have also witnessed the greatness and wisdom of God's perfect plan as He has used all things in my life for good.

My Prayer: Lord, Your wonders in my life are many and truly amazing - I stand in awe of You as the song goes.  Yet I know I have miles to go to draw closer to You in my desire to be more like You.  Forgive me Lord for my weakness and my sin and help me stay present to the many blessings You have provided in my life and how real You are in my life.  Help me focus on Your love for me, for me to love You, and for me to love others, and for me to be man you intend me to be.