Tuesday, October 18, 2011

My grace is sufficient for you, for my power is made perfect in weakness.”

2 Corinthians 12

As Paul boasts about his weaknesses in this chapter, I gain key insights about Christ's power which are desperately needed by me at this time.  In response to Paul's desire to have God remove the thorn from his side, The Lord replies:

But he said to me, “My grace is sufficient for you, for my power is made perfect in weakness.”


As I struggle with work stress, I turn to anger and anger is not desired by God so I plead with God that He forgive me for my anger.  At the same time, I plead for God to take away my anger, yet perhaps he won't.  Maybe I need to continue to have anger issues as my thorn in my side so that I can continue to lean on God and seek peace in His power.

My Prayer: Lord, please give me insight into your desire for my anger - is this my thorn in my side or will you remove this thorn in my side.  Please either way help me with my anger issues - at least help me understand how You will use all of this for your glory.