Monday, October 24, 2011

...though he is not far from any one of us.

Acts 17

It's hard for many people to truly comprehend that Jesus is a personal God that if You truly seek Him with all of your heart you will find Him (Jeremiah 29:13).  Of course, the primary means for seeking Him is the bible - the word of God.  Speaking for myself, I can truly say that at the very least I have found glimpses of Him and that I truly desire to seek MORE of Him.

For Paul in this chapter of Acts (in Athens), he can certainly speak with confidence that:

4 “The God who made the world and everything in it is the Lord of heaven and earth and does not live in temples built by human hands. 25 And he is not served by human hands, as if he needed anything. Rather, he himself gives everyone life and breath and everything else. 26 From one man he made all the nations, that they should inhabit the whole earth; and he marked out their appointed times in history and the boundaries of their lands. 27 God did this so that they would seek him and perhaps reach out for him and find him, though he is not far from any one of us.

I can certainly agree and I DO see God as someone close and accessible.

My Prayer: Lord, You are a God that has done SO MUCH, for all of the universe is from Your hands.  Yet at the same time You have don SO MUCH for me and continue to do so.  I DO seek You and I DO desire you.  I DO thank you for your provision and hand in my life and the resulting blessings.  Forgive me for being distracted from You through a focus on earthly matters and distractions.  Help me focus on You and Your will.