Sunday, November 20, 2011

Give thanks in all circumstances; for this is God’s will for you in Christ Jesus.

Hebrews 3:7-11

“Today, if you hear his voice, do not harden your hearts as you did in the rebellion, 


Yet even with this warning, I DO harden my heart because I look at how I view my current job circumstances and even though I may feel peace from time to time, I many times feel stress and unease.  I hear His voice and see Him working in my life one day but with a change in direction and intensity of the wind aka another day, I forget that I have heard His voice and I don't heed the warning of unbelief. 

I have often thought about how I am so unlike the Israelites who lost their faith during times of great trial as they wandered in the wilderness after being freed by God from Egypt.  Yet here I am often swaying in the wind like the house built on sand. 

I desperately need you God.  I need what Paul writes about in 1 Thessalonians 5:18:

18 give thanks in all circumstances; for this is God’s will for you in Christ Jesus. 

My Prayer: Lord, Your voice is Truth and Your Love is Enough.  You have blessed me beyond what I can even write, think or even talk about - oh where can I even begin to talk about how you have blessed me!  Yet with all of this I have blessed by, my faith is weak - I do pray that You will forgive me Lord and that You will grow  inside my heart to purify me and to transform both my heart and my life.  I need You desperately God...badly and desperately.