Wednesday, November 9, 2011

...Sustaining All Things By His Powerful Word.

Hebrews 1

While the author of Hebrews is not known, it is clear to me that one of the primary purposes of the book is to encourage believers.

One of the most encouraging lines is early on:

3 The Son is the radiance of God’s glory and the exact representation of his being, sustaining all things by his powerful word. 

Over the past year or so, my desire for God's word has grown and it has fed and even greater desire for His word.  As well, God's word has not only sustained me, but it is transformed both my heart and my life!

My Prayer: Lord, You are radiant beyond the brightest sun.  Yet I do things in my life to block Your light - please forgive me Lord for not allowing Your light to shine throughout all areas of my life.  Thank you for your grace and the blessings in my life and help me love you with all of my heart.