Sunday, November 27, 2011

We do not want you to become lazy

Hebrews 6

9 Even though we speak like this, dear friends, we are convinced of better things in your case—the things that have to do with salvation. 10 God is not unjust; he will not forget your work and the love you have shown him as you have helped his people and continue to help them. 11 We want each of you to show this same diligence to the very end, so that what you hope for may be fully realized. 12 We do not want you to become lazy, but to imitate those who through faith and patience inherit what has been promised. 

 Wow...isn't it amazing how God talks directly to you, knowing exactly what is in your heart.  I often feel as if I am lazy about God, in many ways.  I read yesterday about how I am not supposed to become stagnant in my growth and today I read about how I am not supposed to get lazy....yet I often find myself  guilty on BOTH counts.  Holy cow...Lord help me!

My Prayer:  For as it says in Hebrews 4:12 and reinforced by Reggie McNeal today at church, God is new, alive and active.  Amen.  I have personally seen how God reveals himself in new and exciting ways in my own life and look forward to even more and exciting ways that He will reveal Himself to me in the future.  I KNOW that God is up to something and I thank Him for His great love, mercy and guidance.  Yet I am lazy so I pray desperately for energy to be the man God desires me to be.