Thursday, April 26, 2012

12 Live such good lives among the pagans that, though they accuse you of doing wrong, they may see your good deeds and glorify God on the day he visits us.

1 Peter 2

We are part of something big...very big and we are to act as if we are part of something big.

5 you also, like living stones, are being built into a spiritual house to be a holy priesthood...

...

9 But you are a chosen people, a royal priesthood, a holy nation, God’s special possession, that you may declare the praises of him who called you out of darkness into his wonderful light. 10 Once you were not a people, but now you are the people of God; once you had not received mercy, but now you have received mercy.  

...

11 Dear friends, I urge you, as foreigners and exiles, to abstain from sinful desires, which wage war against your soul. 12 Live such good lives among the pagans that, though they accuse you of doing wrong, they may see your good deeds and glorify God on the day he visits us. 

...

15 For it is God’s will that by doing good you should silence the ignorant talk of foolish people.

Peter here says it all in both verse 12 and 15 - it MUST be clear to others that we are special so that others may want to be part of God's kingdom and His plans.

My Prayer: Lord, You are beyond reproach is You are perfect, blameless and holy - and I am not.  Yet I want to better Lord, much better.  Thank You for all that You are and what You have done for me.  I pray Lord that You will prepare me, purify me, and transform both my heart and my life so that I can appear as a foreigner and an exile in this world...that I may be accused of doing wrong according to worldly standards...that others may see my life and then come to You through worship and acceptance of You as their savior also.  Prepare me, purify me, transform me, and take me Lord Jesus...use me.