Thursday, April 19, 2012

16 Therefore confess your sins to each other and pray for each other so that you may be healed. The prayer of a righteous person is powerful and effective.

James 5

13 Is anyone among you in trouble? Let them pray. Is anyone happy? Let them sing songs of praise. 14 Is anyone among you sick? Let them call the elders of the church to pray over them and anoint them with oil in the name of the Lord. 15 And the prayer offered in faith will make the sick person well; the Lord will raise them up. If they have sinned, they will be forgiven. 16 Therefore confess your sins to each other and pray for each other so that you may be healed. The prayer of a righteous person is powerful and effective. 

I am well aware that I am to pray.  This is a reminder for me to pray.  And not just to pray but to pray WITH each other and FOR each other.

My Prayer: Lord, You are SO worth of praise for You have answered my call every single time and You have blessed me beyond what I deserve.  That You are always there for me and that You love me as You do is amazing - because Lord Jesus I am broken without You.  I slander in my heart and I am lazy and disobedient.  I thank You for the blessings You have bestowed upon me and of course because You died for me but again I am no deserving.  Please once again forgive me for my sin today and please purify and refine me Lord Jesus.  Help me pray in earnest on all occasions WITH my brothers and sisters and FOR them.