Friday, April 6, 2012

26 Those who consider themselves religious and yet do not keep a tight rein on their tongues deceive themselves, and their religion is worthless.

James 1

26 Those who consider themselves religious and yet do not keep a tight rein on their tongues deceive themselves, and their religion is worthless. 27 Religion that God our Father accepts as pure and faultless is this: to look after orphans and widows in their distress and to keep oneself from being polluted by the world.

I am pierced once again by God's word as I have NOT kept a tight rein on my tongue with regards to encouraging words.  I often speak discouraging words to my own family and to others.

My Prayer: Lord, I know You love me and You forgive me and for this I am in awe - because by a long shot I do not deserve it  Please forgive me for my neglect of You and for my discouraging words that I speak to others.  I am not only deeply thankful for Your love but also for how it is demonstrated by the many blessings you have bestowed to me.  Again I am not deserving.  Help me draw closer to You Lord Jesus and help me live a life pleasing to you.