Tuesday, April 24, 2012

15 But just as he who called you is holy, so be holy in all you do; 16 for it is written: “Be holy, because I am holy.”

1 Peter 1

13 Therefore, with minds that are alert and fully sober, set your hope on the grace to be brought to you when Jesus Christ is revealed at his coming. 14 As obedient children, do not conform to the evil desires you had when you lived in ignorance. 15 But just as he who called you is holy, so be holy in all you do; 16 for it is written: “Be holy, because I am holy.”

The question for me is - how am I to be holy?

A key answer I believe is found in Romans 12:2 where Paul says:

2 Do not conform to the pattern of this world, but be transformed by the renewing of your mind.

The renewing of the mind is accomplished through scripture, prayer, worship, and fellowship.   Moreover, a balanced approach as I have read here seems an even better approach.

My Prayer: Lord, You are pure and holy like no other - and despite my failings You love me, have died for me, and chose me (before the beginning of time).  I am not worthy of this love and focus for I am broken and will continue to be broken and imperfect as sinful as I am.  I am thankful for all that You are and do for me and I am deep need for You to continue to be in my life as my Lord and Savior.  Lord Jesus, help me be holy and help me renew my mind and in so doing transform my heart and my life to be more like You.