Tuesday, April 17, 2012

Brothers and sisters, do not slander one another.

James 4

11 Brothers and sisters, do not slander one another. Anyone who speaks against a brother or sister or judges them speaks against the law and judges it. When you judge the law, you are not keeping it, but sitting in judgment on it. 12 There is only one Lawgiver and Judge, the one who is able to save and destroy. But you—who are you to judge your neighbor? 

I sit in judgment often, not seeing others as God sees them.  In addition, God says this:

Therefore, as God’s chosen people, holy and dearly loved, clothe yourselves with compassion, kindness, humility, gentleness and patience.  Col 3:12

,,,

Therefore encourage one another and build each other up, just as in fact you are doing.  1 Thes 5:11

In fact, I often sit in judgment with those most close to me, including my wife Lisa and my sons Zach and Dustin. 

My Prayer: Lord, You are awesome just because You love me - I say this because I am full of sin and deeply broken.  I slander often.  I thank You of course for Your love but also for the many blessings that You pour out to me and over me...again and again and every day.  Please forgive me for my slander and purify me of this wicked sin.  Purify and transform both my heart and my life.  Help me be more like You.