Thursday, April 12, 2012

17 But the wisdom that comes from heaven is first of all pure; then peace-loving, considerate, submissive, full of mercy and good fruit, impartial and sincere. 18 Peacemakers who sow in peace reap a harvest of righteousness.

James 3

 13 Who is wise and understanding among you? Let them show it by their good life, by deeds done in the humility that comes from wisdom. 14 But if you harbor bitter envy and selfish ambition in your hearts, do not boast about it or deny the truth. 15 Such “wisdom” does not come down from heaven but is earthly, unspiritual, demonic. 16 For where you have envy and selfish ambition, there you find disorder and every evil practice.

 17 But the wisdom that comes from heaven is first of all pure; then peace-loving, considerate, submissive, full of mercy and good fruit, impartial and sincere. 18 Peacemakers who sow in peace reap a harvest of righteousness.

This is why I must fill myself with scripture - because I desire purity, peace, and wisdom that comes from God alone so that I can demonstrate fruits of the spirit.

My Prayer: Lord, Your words and scripture are pure, holy, and life giving - beyond any wisdom I can attain on earth.  I confess to you now that I often either live a live avoiding scripture or I seek wisdom that is earthly - more so than seeking scripture than is heavenly.  Thank You for providing Your scripture and of course Your Holy Spirit so that I can filled with both.  Please help me Jesus - forgive me for my selfish, lazy ways and for my desires to seek earthly matters first before Your word.  Purify me of these sins - transform both my heart and my life so that I can be more like You.