Tuesday, June 12, 2012

14 I rejoice in following your statutes as one rejoices in great riches.

Psalm 119

10 I seek you with all my heart;
    do not let me stray from your commands.
11 I have hidden your word in my heart
    that I might not sin against you.
12 Praise be to you, Lord;
    teach me your decrees.
13 With my lips I recount
    all the laws that come from your mouth.
14 I rejoice in following your statutes
    as one rejoices in great riches.

15 I meditate on your precepts
    and consider your ways.
16 I delight in your decrees;
    I will not neglect your word.

Though it is not clear who the author is, the author speaks to me on the subject of keeping God's word.  I must ready, study, recount, reflect, and obey God's word - all with a joy that is unequaled relative to earthly endeavors.  What ends up striking me as well is the promise not to "neglect your word."

My Prayer: Lord Jesus, I know that You love me no matter what I do yet I seek to be more like you.  I marvel in the love that You have for me and I thank You for all of the love and grace that You have for me - yet I desire for You to build me up, and to refine and purify me.  Transform both my heart and my life - take me I am Yours.  Forgive me for my sin today and let me run back to Your welcoming arms.