Friday, June 1, 2012

You reward everyone according to what they have done.

Psalm 62

David continues to feel the weight of his sin and seeks refuge in god.  The nugget I pick out for me from God is this:

11 One thing God has spoken,
    two things I have heard:
“Power belongs to you, God,
12     and with you, Lord, is unfailing love”;
and, “You reward everyone
    according to what they have done.” 

Elsewhere in Psalms it is written:

Teach us to number our days,
    that we may gain a heart of wisdom. (Psalm 90:12)

Bottom line for me is that God is reinforcing that I need to continue to do His will - to serve and to minister to others.  Our days are numbered so we better get going...

My Prayer: Lord Jesus, You have ministered to me with unfailing love and grace.  I am not worthy of all this - as I confess that I don't act as You desire me to and as You tell me to.  I thank You that You love me unconditionally but please forgive me in my weakness and laziness.  Help me be more bold and help me follow and serve You wholeheartedly.