Wednesday, June 13, 2012

Blessed are all who fear the Lord, who walk in obedience to him.

Psalm 128

Blessed are all who fear the Lord,
    who walk in obedience to him.
 

You will eat the fruit of your labor;
    blessings and prosperity will be yours.
Your wife will be like a fruitful vine
    within your house;
your children will be like olive shoots
    around your table.
Yes, this will be the blessing
    for the man who fears the Lord

I seek blessing all the time...I mean c'mon...I am a selfish being.  Yet rarely do I reflect on blessing in the eyes of the Lord.  He knows what is good for me and produces fruit.  The wisdom and truth here is that blessing is the product of obedience, and perhaps grace...not of my hand and not certainly of luck.


My Prayer: Lord, Your truth and Your wisdom is infinite.  My wisdom, on the other hand is lacking and it often leads to sin.  Lord, I need You greatly and daily.  I thank You for Your grace and love as I am not deserving...and that You will provide it anyway.  I come to You know asking for grace and forgiveness once more for my sin today and for my disobedience.  Please purify me and help me be more obedient in You and seek blessing in Your eyes and to glorify You alone.