Monday, June 11, 2012

Not to us, Lord, not to us but to your name be the glory, because of your love and faithfulness.

Psalm 115

Everything is for the glory of God and we should live in fear and reverence of God who is the beginning and the end and everything in between.  We need to see God in all things.

Not to us, Lord, not to us
    but to your name be the glory,
    because of your love and faithfulness.

...

12 The Lord remembers us and will bless us:
    He will bless his people Israel,
    he will bless the house of Aaron,
13 he will bless those who fear the Lord
    small and great alike.

My Prayer: Lord, You are an awesome God as I have personally seen Your hand and works both in the world and in my life.  I am in awe that You are so powerful yet You care deeply about me and are willing to meet with me.  I am weak and neglect You and do not come to You as You desire.  I thank You for all of Your love and grace and I need it now once again - forgive me for my weakness and neglect of You and and my weakness as a member of the church.  Help me be a more fruitful member of the church.