Wednesday, June 27, 2012

Lord, what are human beings that you care for them, mere mortals that you think of them?

Psalm 144

Lord, what are human beings that you care for them,
    mere mortals that you think of them?
They are like a breath;
    their days are like a fleeting shadow. 

Even on a day when we might be more righteous than on other days....there is still nothing we do or say to be worthy of the love of Christ.  Christ is everything (and we are nothing in comparison):


For every house is built by someone, but God is the builder of everything. (Hebrews 3:4)


I need to remember how great God is.


My Prayer: Lord, in this moment I know You are a great God who is the builder of everything.  You have done everything for me, You have DIED for me and You think of me (ME!) all the time.  I am not worthy of such love and grace yet You provide it anyway - even though many times or most of the time I place my trust and faith not in You but elsewhere.  I DO thank You for everything that You are and what You have done for me specifically, including dying on the cross for ME.  Today I ask that You forgive me Lord Jesus.  Please build me up.  Purify me.  Refine me.  Strengthen my heart and desire for You Lord Jesus.