Monday, June 18, 2012

Though the Lord is exalted, he looks kindly on the lowly, though lofty, he sees them from afar.

Psalm 138

Though the Lord is exalted, he looks kindly on the lowly;
    though lofty, he sees them from afar.

We have a God that knows all the details of our lives and desires deep intimacy with us - this means all things big and small.  Not only are we not too small or insignificant for Him, nor are the minor details of our lives too small or insignificant for Him.  He wants us, all of us, all of the time.  

37 Jesus replied: “‘Love the Lord your God with all your heart and with all your soul and with all your mind.’38 This is the first and greatest commandment. (Matthew 22:37-38)

My Prayer: Lord, You are truly an awesome God in that You already know everything about me yet you STILL love me!  I confess to you now that I am guilty of sin - of lustful thoughts.  I thank You Lord Jesus for Your love and grace and I come to You now to forgive me today for my sin.  Please also purify and refine me Jesus.  Help me love You with all of my heart, soul, and mind.