Thursday, June 7, 2012

Yet he took note of their distress when he heard their cry; for their sake he remembered his covenant and out of his great love he relented.

Psalm 106

The theme I gather from this Psalm is one of forgiveness, grace, and love of a God so great that He will always welcome us back if we yield to Him.

We have sinned, even as our ancestors did;
    we have done wrong and acted wickedly.
When our ancestors were in Egypt,
    they gave no thought to your miracles;
they did not remember your many kindnesses,
    and they rebelled by the sea, the Red Sea.[b]
Yet he saved them for his name’s sake,
    to make his mighty power known.

He rebuked the Red Sea, and it dried up;
    he led them through the depths as through a desert.
10 He saved them from the hand of the foe;
    from the hand of the enemy he redeemed them.
11 The waters covered their adversaries;
    not one of them survived.
12 Then they believed his promises
    and sang his praise.  

...

40 Therefore the Lord was angry with his people
    and abhorred his inheritance.
41 He gave them into the hands of the nations,
    and their foes ruled over them.
42 Their enemies oppressed them
    and subjected them to their power.
43 Many times he delivered them,
    but they were bent on rebellion
    and they wasted away in their sin.
44 Yet he took note of their distress
    when he heard their cry;
45 for their sake he remembered his covenant
    and out of his great love he relented.
46 He caused all who held them captive
    to show them mercy.  

...


 As well we have the parables of the Prodigal Son from Luke 15:11-32 and of the Lost Sheep from Luke 15:1-7.

My Prayer: Lord, You are a God full of love, grace, and forgiveness and it is unimaginable that You love me as You do.  I am imperfect and broken and sinful.  I thank You SO much for Your love, grace and forgiveness and I seek Your forgiveness today for my worship of other idols and for my easily distracted heart.  Please refine and purify me Lord Jesus and transform my heart and my life.  Please make me more like You.