Tuesday, September 11, 2012

A person’s steps are directed by the Lord. How then can anyone understand their own way?

Proverbs 20

A person’s steps are directed by the Lord.
    How then can anyone understand their own way? v24

This verse is similar to a verse read a couple of days ago:

Many are the plans in a person’s heart,
    but it is the Lord’s purpose that prevails. Proverbs 19:21
 
There is also:
 
Your word is a lamp to my feet
    and a light to my path. Psalm 199:105
 
And this too:
 
For every house is built by someone, but the builder of all things is God. Hebrews 3:4  
 
This points to the importance of faith:

Now faith is confidence in what we hope for and assurance about what we do not see. Hebrews 11:1 
 
Having a plan in life is important as long as you are following a direction set upon your heart by God.  God directs us and we don't know where He is taking us and we are to have faith in the journey and the process.

My Prayer: Lord Jesus, You have led me through deep valleys and up high mountains - through it all You have blessed me beyond any imagination.  I don't know why because I am a sinner.  Yesterday I spoke in an unwholesome manner.  Thank You that You love me anyway but please forgive me for this.  Please also help me understand my next steps and help me align my direction with Your will.  I love You Lord Jesus.