Thursday, September 13, 2012

Blows and wounds scrub away evil, and beatings purge the inmost being.

Proverbs 20

Blows and wounds scrub away evil,
    and beatings purge the inmost being. v30

A quick search of the Internet helped me find Matthew Henry's commentary on the above verse and my initial read/view was validated....that suffering for Christ in any kind of trial is a refinement that is intended by God for His good and perfect will.  See also James:

Consider it pure joy, my brothers and sisters, whenever you face trials of many kinds, because you know that the testing of your faith produces perseverance. Let perseverance finish its work so that you may be mature and complete, not lacking anything. James 1:2-4

My Prayer: Lord, Your will and Your purpose is perfect...unlike my purposes which very often are not directed by You.  Thank You that You love me anyway but please forgive me for my lack of trust and love of You - this is of course sinful!!  Help me focus on You and Your plans for me, even when I am enduring trials.