Wednesday, September 26, 2012

Be sure you know the condition of your flocks, give careful attention to your herds; for riches do not endure forever, and a crown is not secure for all generations.

Proverbs 27

Be sure you know the condition of your flocks,
    give careful attention to your herds;
for riches do not endure forever,
    and a crown is not secure for all generations. v23-4

 This is an encouragement to me to focus on the hearts of those entrusted to me...those in my family.

Similarly, another verse in this Proverb:

As water reflects the face,
    so one’s life reflects the heart v19

and an entry posted a couple of years ago encourages me to actually live a life of example.

I also recall:

From everyone who has been given much, much will be demanded; and from the one who has been entrusted with much, much more will be asked. Luke 12:48

My Prayer: Lord, You are trustworthy because You are 100% good - You always have my interests in mind and You will never do anything that is not just or good. I wish I was more like You...I say and think bad things about people - people I work with and people on TV, etc.  I thank You that You love me anyway but please forgive me and purify and refine me.  Help me be more like You.  Help me focus on the hearts of my family and be a good shepherd of their hearts and a leader in my house/family.