Wednesday, December 19, 2012

"I have swept away your offenses like a cloud, your sins like the morning mist. Return to me, for I have redeemed you.”

Isaiah 44

"I have swept away your offenses like a cloud,
your sins like the morning mist.
Return to me,
for I have redeemed you.” v22

As Christmas Day nears, I think of gifts and family- what is typically the focus.  Yet as I continue to reflect and read this passage, the gift of course is God himself - Jesus Christ.  This gift is permanent and is amazing.  As the scripture says, God redeems.  And He is the only one who can do so...and there is so much more.  

Whoever believes in the Son has eternal life (John 3:36).

My Prayer: Lord Jesus...what an amazing gift You are.  That You gave Your life so I can have life (abundantly and eternally) is really the most amazing part.  I am weak - I know You love me anyway but please forgive me for my weakness and lack of strength and boldness.  Please help me be more like You.  Help me so that Your desires are my desires.  Help me focus on You - the greatest gift of all.